VooDooCompositionsVooDooCompositions

Main News Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 2 Fans

Some Animals Theme Some Animals Theme

Chaotic

But in the best way possible. A very good theme, most certainly. Well done.

Zelda main theme ( HE ) Zelda main theme ( HE )

Great!

Fantastic! Though, nothing less was expected from you. You've done Kondo proud.

Riders of the Sun Riders of the Sun

Great!

Fantastic! I love LOVE the intro and when the percussion comes in It goes so well with the orchestrated parts! Absolutely perfect, I can see no way to improve upon it. Truly, a good "cinematic" piece. I can certainly picture the behind an "epic" movie trailer. Well done sir!

D3vilsheep responds:

Thanks John. Your compositions are very impressive.

LSD Free Trip (WIP) LSD Free Trip (WIP)

Good!

It's trippy, to say the least. I normally don't go for "electronic" sounds. Though, I love a Theremin just as much as the next guy :P Well done!

BowserThedestructive responds:

Thanks hehe I could easily add some real instruments to it but I don't think I could get them to fit into it although the drums are real though. (well virtually speaking). This song is heavily conceived of harmonic's a little tip nip :}

Lead The Way (WIP) Lead The Way (WIP)

Good!

Sounds like a video game, and I mean that in the best way possible. You have dissonances in there, but from the sound of them they were placed on purpose, with some thought behind them. My only problem is that it's a bit repetative. Repeating loops are an easy hole to fall into with stuff like this, I'm guilty of it myself. That said, everything else is wonderfully done. Just maybe expand on it a bit.

BowserThedestructive responds:

Thanks again hehe, I haven't really worked on this song in sometime well sense I uploaded this demo cool that I was able to get that video game vibe being I did grow up on video games. I shall continue on this track eventually make it less repetitive and of course adding more instruments.

Temporal Temple (W-I-P) Temporal Temple (W-I-P)

Very Temple-y

I really like this!

It definitely has some "Temple-esque" sounds in it. Kind of a mix of (if you're a Zelda fan, maybe you'll know what I mean) the Spirit and Fire temples of OoT, and the Twilight Palace in TP. Yes, I nerded out there for a second. But, considering I consider koji kondo and the other composers at Nintendo some of my major inspirations, that's really saying something for me. Well done!

BowserThedestructive responds:

Thanks it was sort of a ruined project though I couldn't really piece it together properly I may go back and reconstruct it a tad differently and possibly try to finish it.

P.S.I am also a Zelda fan hehe..maybe the temples of Zelda series inspired me from the subconscious level ^_^

OrSTs - Calazone OrSTs - Calazone

Good!

I like it, honestly. Sounds very 20th century. Somewhat dissonant and clashy, which is good for such a piece. Very good instrumentation, and I mean that. Progression is good, the tension is perfectly built and released elegantly. I think the piece as a whole starts somewhat suddenly, kind of jumps into it. But that's really nothing that can even be called a problem. Good job!

Ironclover responds:

Thank you very much! its exactly what I was going for, an ambient, tense feeling. Knowing you're surrounded by mobsters, rats, and undercover cops, and the Godfather in a Chicago Bar.

Light of The Temple Light of The Temple

Good!

well done! Has an almost Zelda like quality to it, though maybe a bit to complicated (in a good way) to be just a random dungeon theme. Everything is put together well, the melody works well with the harmony and I'm loving the "random" rhythms in the harps melody. Transitions are especially good as well. And the Progressions do not sound like common progression, but they flow evenly and with no "suddens" in them. Well done!

JakesFable responds:

Well thank you man! I'm glad you liked it, I'm strongly considering lengthening this song up a bit. But again thank you for the review! :D

Little Concerto No. 1 Little Concerto No. 1

Love

I love! My only fault with it is it needs a better set of sound samples. Out of curiosity, what program do you use?

Deluxe489 responds:

Thank you! I know what you mean by the sound samples.
I use a program called Midiillustrator. I compose my pieces using that, and then (usually) save each track/instrument as its own MIDI file. I then use a website (hamie net . com) that has a MIDI-to-MP3 converter, convert each file with the best-sounding conversion, and then put it all together again using Audacity (adding in effects that I can't add through Midiillustrator, such as decrescendos and bass boost).
As far as notation software goes, Midiillustrator is pretty cheap ($80 compared to $500 or something for Finale), and I'm cool with it; it's only missing a few features.
Thanks for the review!

Frere Jacques Frere Jacques

good start

Certainly not bad. I would've liked to see a bit more "improv" or additions to the basic melody maybe, but that's just personal preference. Maybe a better sound sample is needed for the instruments, as well, but I understand more than anybody how hard it is to come by a good sound sample. I will compliment your choice of instruments, well decided.

Deluxe489 responds:

Thanks!
I wanted to work solely with the existing melody as opposed to extending it or changing it; only the harmonies etc. were changed. I know where you're coming from, though.